Does The TikTok Shadowban Exist?
Shadowbans, also known as stealth bans or ghost bans, have been around since the beginning of social media. They were most widely debated in the Instagram community, due to widespread shadowbans, without a clear explanation. During a shadowban, your content is not shown to anybody besides your current followers. This makes it incredibly difficult to grow your TikTok following.
If you’ve done a little research on the topic or have visited forums like Quora or MPSocial, you probably already know that this is a real issue. If you didn’t, now you know. Yes, there is a shadowban on TikTok.
Is Your TikTok Account Actually Shadowbanned?
Many people think that their TikTok account is shadowbanned, when they really have a content problem. Let us explain.
If your video gets zero views during the first hour after posting, you are not necessarily shadowbanned. TikTok’s algorithm uses artificial intelligence to decide who to show your video to and if it breaks any of their community guidelines. This is nothing to be worried about! This can also happen if you haven’t posted for a while or recently deleted some videos(never do this).
You can be fairly sure that your TikTok account is shadowbanned, if your amount of views has plummeted, your videos never get For You Page traffic, and you don’t show up on hashtags. Only when all three of these signs are present, can you be sure that it is a shadowban, and not a problem with your content quality.
Why Is Your TikTok Account Shadowbanned?
Your TikTok account can be shadowbanned for a variety of reasons. The good news is that the rules are quite clear. If you follow the TikTok community guidelines and generally don’t post anything obscene, you should never have a problem.
TikTok Shadowban Causes:
- Posting Nudity – This is an obvious reason and one that has caused many people trouble on Instagram. No social media company wants nudity on their platform, notably one with a younger audience. Keep your videos clean!
- Posting Guns or Illegal Drugs – This is another understandable reason to be shadowbanned on TikTok. There is no reason to post this sort of content and of course TikTok wants to keep their platform as safe as possible.
- Posting Copyrighted Content – Don’t use copyrighted content in your TikTok videos. There is also speculation that making clear copies of other popular users’ videos can result in shadowban.
How Long Does A TikTok Shadowban Last?
The most commonly reported length of a shadowban is around 14 days. You can be patient and wait it out, if you already have many followers, or you can start from scratch if it is a new account.
We have heard of, but not verified, accounts of permanent TikTok shadowbans for the most egregious offenses. Some users report bans of their IP address entirely. If this is true, this is probably the result of many repeat offenses and abuse of the platform.
How Do You Fix A Shadowban?
If your shadowban is because of inappropriate content, sometimes it can be as simple as removing the flagged videos. Your engagement should return to normal after that. However, this is not always the case. The best cure for a shadowban is to maintain your normal posting schedule and be patient! The easiest way to overcome a shadowban is to give the TikTok team and algorithm a reason to trust you again.
Many people don’t want to hear this advice. Their TikTok account was exploding with growth and now it seems… dead. Trust the process and use this as a period for content improvement. You will be back to the engagement levels of a rising star in no time!
Do TikTok Bots Cause Shadowbans?
Absolutely not, especially if you are using a responsible service that doesn’t abuse the TikTok action limits. You can try a service like AutoTokker and watch your engagement levels in the following weeks. It will usually only be elevated, as a result of your new followers! In the case of a TikTok shadowban, your engagement levels should plummet to a depressingly low level.
Looking For A Responsible TikTok Growth Service?
AutoTokker Is The Safest And Most Effective TikTok Bot
AutoTokker is a TikTok growth service that uses automation to rapidly grow your TikTok following. You can expect to safely grow your following by thousands each month, without doing a thing. Simply setup your account on AutoTokker.com and begin growing your profile in minutes.
Still Not Sure? Checkout These Stats:
- Our clients typically gain between 20-100 TikTok followers per day. This depends on the quality of your target TikTok influencers.
- We run the maximum safe amount of actions per day. Other abusive TikTok growth services can overdo it, leading to shadowbans and blocks. It isn’t worth it.
- You can easily gain 1000s of TikTok followers each month using AutoTokker.
- Signup to the most effective TikTok growth service below!
- How To Get AutoTune On TikTok
- How To Remove Your Phone Number From TikTok(and Not Replace It)
- How To Get More Views On TikTok – CRAZY HACK
- The TRUTH About TikTok Follow/Unfollow Bots
- Massive AutoTokker TikTok Bot Update
- TikTok Botting Explained – Best Bots?
- How To Get On The ForYou Page On Tiktok – 10 RULES
- How To Get Famous On TikTok Overnight – SO FAST!
- How To Do A Duet On TikTok
- How To Create A Second TikTok Account? Multiple Accounts?
- How To See Who Viewed Your TikTok
- TikTok Video Under Review & 0 Views EXPLAINED
- How To Do A Voiceover On TikTok
- How To Sell A TikTok Account?
- How Does TikTok Work?